Hello everyone! I’m coming to the end of my undergraduate career; I graduate in May with a B.S. in Professional Writing and minor in English. So, as I work as a writing consultant at my university, I’m going to be short a job soon. I really want to pursue what I love: reading. I’m offering my services as either an copy editor or as a beta reader.
As a copy editor, I will:
- Proofread for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Address issues with content, continuity, and sentence structure.
- Critique formatting and design.
- Use track changes, comments, or separate document depending on your preference.
- I will edit books, papers, any written document you need edited.
As a beta reader, I will:
- Read your story from the perspective of a reader. As a reader, I won’t edit for lower order concerns like grammar, but I will tell you if there are consistent errors.
- Offer constructive criticism about characterization, dialogue, pacing, and look for plot inconsistencies.
- Meet reasonable deadlines, set by you.
- Provide the feedback in comments on your document, or provide a separate document with feedback if you so choose.
I will not:
- Post it publicly.
- Steal your ideas.
- Lie to you.
So, my pricing is as follows:
- $2 per page for editing
- $30 beta reading for books under 500 pages ($5 for each 100 pages after that)
All of the services are different for reviews. The reviews I do for fun. This is something I will take very seriously and will put in tremendous effort to so you can create the best final product possible. So, please contact me!